Being a Toastmaster means more than simply making a commitment to self-development. Everyone who joins a Toastmasters Club is making a commitment to the Club, its members, and to the organization as a whole.
As a member of Toastmasters International and my Club, I promise
• To attend Club meetings regularly;
• To prepare all of my speeches to the best of my ability, basing them on projects in the Competent Communication Program manual or the Advanced Communication Program manuals;
• To willingly prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments;
• To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations;
• To help the Club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow;
• To willingly serve my Club as an officer when called upon to do so;
• To treat my fellow Club members and our guests with respect and courtesy;
• To bring guests to Club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers;
• To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters educational and recognition programs;
• To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities.